Project Management Fundamentals
- Proven methods and tools for your project success
You want your projects to run more quickly and smoothly – with considerably less stress, frustration and time pressure? Here you learn how to achieve it!
In this seminar you will learn practical methods that will make your work as a project manager noticeably easier. We help you to use a proven project management structure as well as to develop realistic project plans. In this way you learn to use your own time efficiently and to complete projects in a goal-oriented and timely manner. PS Consulting’s project concept has been used successfully for many years in numerous projects worldwide.
We work concretely and practice-oriented on your project. All theoretical inputs and presented methods are applied directly in workshops to the projects of the participants. While you work on your project plan in small groups during the course of the seminar, questions are discussed and answered immediately. This is how you ensure the transfer into your daily project work. This seminar is based on the internationally recognized standards of the Project Management Institute (PMI)®.
- What is essential for good project management
- When is a project successful
- Which role has the project leader
- Agile or classic or hybrid – key differences
- How to get a clear project charter and a reasonable definition of objectives
- How can I make projects measurable
- Agile or classic – which approach fits the project better
- How to identify the relevant stakeholders and involve them adequately
- How are roles and responsibilities distributed in the project
- How to describe the necessary activities (Work Breakdown Structure)?
- How to develop a schedule (Network diagram and Gantt-Chart)
- How to estimate resources and cost in a realistic way
- How to optimize project plans
- Agile projects – what changes in project planning
- How to identify and analyze risks at an early stage
- How to proactively deal with risks
Project execution & control
- How to keep a sound overview and report the project status
- What to do if something starts to get out of control
- How to deal with change and escalations
- What regular communication is needed
- What needs to be documented and how
- What should be included in the closing process
- Retrospectives and lessons learned –learning from our experience
- This seminar is designed for project managers and experienced project team members.
- Maximum of 12 participants. This way, we want to make sure that the seminar is highly efficient and guarantee the highest possible benefit for you.
- You will be awarded with 24 PDUs for Technical Skills or a certificate of further education for IPMA.
- 3 days intensive training
- Top-class trainers
- Extensive documents
- Drinks, snacks and lunch
- Appealing rooms with enough space to practice
- Language: English