Managing Stakeholders in Projects
- Learn to convince others and win them over for your ideas
Effective communication is an important factor for project success. But you sometimes find it difficult to convince colleagues, customers and managers of new ideas? A manager doesn’t really listen and moves on before you could get to the point? Improve your communication skills to professionally manage even difficult stakeholders in your project.
In this seminar, you will learn the basics of successful stakeholder management. You will know effective communication methods for different project situations and develop an appropriate involvement strategy for your projects.
Using real project situations, helpful models and many practical exercises, you will reflect on and expand your personal communication style. In addition, you will receive individual feedback and suggestions from the trainer and other seminar participants. You will be given the opportunity to prepare specifically for difficult stakeholder situations.
- What is the benefit of actively involving stakeholders?
- How come communication in projects sometimes doesn’t work?
- Important rules of project communication
Identify and analyze stakeholders
- Identify stakeholders and recognize their attitudes
- Analyze power, influence and interests
- Know the political force field of the project
Determine appropriate engagement strategies
- Define engagement goals
- Levels of engagement
- Communication matrix and communication plan
- Find balance between too much and too little involvement
Basics of communication
- HOW do I say something best?
- Levels of communication
- Building rapport and relationship
- Active listening and acknowledgement
- Giving and taking feedback
Establish a communication plan
- Meetings and workshops
- Information events
- Mailings, newsletter, official press
- Cultural aspects
Practicing challenging communication situations
- Win and motivate others
- How to convey a complicated idea in a simple way
- Convince the other
- Address conflicts
- How to be of a different opinion
Peer consulting for concrete situations
- Exercises for difficult communication situations
- Consulting and suggestions by trainer and participants
- Project managers and experienced project team members
- Maximum of 12 participants. This way, we wish to make sure that the seminar is highly efficient and guarantee the highest possible benefit for you.
- You will be awarded with 16 PDUs of which 2 PDUs account for Technical Skills and 14 PDUs for Leadership Skills, or a certificate of further education for IPMA.
- 2 days intensive Training
- Top-class trainers
- Extensive documents
- Drinks, snacks and lunch
- Appealing rooms with enough space to practice
- Language: English