Professional Risk Management
- How project risks become success factors
Taking risks is an indispensable part of innovative and successful project work. These can be significantly reduced with little effort through a professionally operated risk management system. At the same time, you also increase the chances for your project success in a targeted manner.
Is the danger averted at the same time as the risk is recognized? Especially in difficult project situations, the project manager needs a toolbox to turn risks into opportunities: In this seminar you will develop an early warning system for your project risks. You learn to recognize risks, to evaluate them and to manage or prevent them with the appropriate measures. With the help of contingency plans, you keep control even in project crises and steer your project safely past the iceberg.
You will be provided with practicable risk management strategies and methods to identify and consistently manage risks at an early stage. In the seminar you will practice the application to your own projects and tricky situations from everyday project life. In addition, you will receive suggestions to adequately influence risk awareness in your project environment. This way you sustainably increase the success of your projects and your company. The seminar is based on the recognized risk management standards of PMI®. Certified participants receive 16 PDUs or a certificate of further education for IPMA.
Establishing risk management
- Overview: What is part of professional risk management in a project?
- Definition of terms in risk management
- Turning risks into opportunities
- Roles and responsibilities in risk management
Identifying risks and opportunities
- Methods for systematically identifying risks
- Risk identification in the team
- Use risk management checklists
- Qualitative risk analysis: Assessing the probability of occurrence and damage
- Risk classification and prioritization of risks
- Quantitative risk analysis: Financial assessment of risks
- Calculating and using risk values
Reducing and preventing risks
- Preventive measures and emergency planning
- Hedging and transferring risks to others
- Avoiding and excluding risks
- Costs and benefits of the various measures
Increasing and utilizing opportunities
- Promoting and expanding opportunities
- Evaluating and assessing opportunities
- Turning risks into opportunities and profiting from them
Managing and monitoring risks
- Controlling and monitoring of risks
- Determination of project progress and risk status
- Crisis management to keep the control and get the project back on track
Psychology in risk management
- Promoting appropriate risk awareness in the project and the company
- Include different risk tolerances of the stakeholders
- Constructive handling of risks for employees, colleagues and management
- Communicating the current risk situation to stakeholders
- The course is designed for project managers, project leaders and team members which already know the basic techniques of project management.
- Maximum of 12 participants. This way, we wish to make sure that the seminar is highly efficient and guarantee the highest possible benefit for you.
- You will be awarded with 16 PDUs of which 12 PDUs account for Technical Skills, 2 PDUs for Leadership Skills and 2 PDUs for Strategic & Business Skills or a certificate of further education for IPMA.
- 2 days intensive training
- Top-class trainers
- Extensive documents
- Drinks, snacks and lunch
- Appealing rooms with enough space to practice
- Language: English