Project Management for Executives and Managers
- Achieve your business goals through successful projects
As managing director or manager you have a great influence on the success or failure of the projects in your company. Learn which factors are decisive for your project success.
You will learn effective methods for initiating projects, controlling them from above and leading them to success. This also includes the selection of the project manager and the creation of a success-oriented project culture. You will acquire the ability to have an overview and set priorities even for a large number of projects.
We work with you in a very practice-oriented manner. The theoretical inputs are set and discussed in relation to your situation in the company. We are not interested in the perfect theory, but in the practical benefits in everyday life. In the seminar not only methodical, but also organizational and human aspects count, because we look specifically at the overall system “project” and its integration in your company. This seminar is based on recognized standards of the Project Management Institute (PMI)®.
Project management in the company
- What makes projects successful?
- Phase concepts and life cycle for projects
From good ideas to good projects
- How do visions become strategies and then projects?
- Design of the project portfolio
- The most important methods for goal clarity
- Ensuring feasibility – the fine line between “challenging” and “unrealistic” goals
Efficient project organization
- Distribution of tasks, competences and responsibility in the project
- Organizational structures
- Typical fields of conflict between project and line organization
- When does a project office help?
- Selection of the appropriate project manager
Control of projects
- How do you keep track of the progress and status of your projects in the company?
- What do we need in terms of controlling and reporting?
- How do you recognize risks and how do you deal with them?
- How do you deal with escalations?
- What does professional change management look like?
- How do you control several projects or a program at the same time?
Multi-Project ManagementEstablishing a success-oriented project culture
- How does working in the company help with project work? What’s stopping me?
- How can you create an environment in which projects are successful?
- What standards and tools are needed?
The seminar is designed for managing directors, managers, divisional managers and executives who commission projects or have an essential decision-making role.
- You will be awarded with 8 PDUs of which 4 PDUs account for Technical Skills and 4 PDUs for Strategic & Business Skills, or a certificate of further education for IPMA
- 1 day intensive Training
- Top-class trainers
- Extensive documents
- Drinks, snacks and lunch
- Appealing rooms with enough space to practice
- Language: English