- Learn to lead without discretionary power
Leading teams without having discretionary power is a challenge to many project managers. Sometimes, team members do not collaborate voluntarily, and sometimes they are hard to motivate. How can you cope with this challenging leadership situation?
In our seminar you will learn to lead as a project manager – even without a superior function. You know how to delegate tasks successfully and gain respect as a manager. We introduce you to effective management styles and show you how to use them appropriately depending on the situation. In this way, you remain capable of acting even in difficult management situations and maintain the motivation of your employees.
The focus of the seminar is on your day-to-day management of the project. In the course of the seminar we will practice with many examples from the participants. In addition, we advise you in currently critical situations and problems. In this way you receive direct, individual feedback and gain more confidence in your leadership role. Certified participants receive 16 PDUs or a certificate of further education for IPMA.
How do I get power and influence as a project manager?
- Basics of leadership in projects
- Roles of a leader
- Leading without authority to issue directions
- Leading experts within the project team
- Identifying own leadership styles and personal development areas
Leadership styles and situational leadership
- Basic leadership styles
- Situational leadership: adapted to the team member and situation
- Delegating tasks successfully
- Selection and profile of team members
Motivating the team
- Motivating team members – also beyond financial incentives
- 16 Basic Desires by Steven Reiss
- Systemic motivational models
- Recognizing the limits of motivation
- Identify individual performance drivers
- Coaching for currently challenging situations out of the participants’ projects and daily life as a leader
- Feedback to the observed leadership behavior within the seminar group
- This course is designed for project managers and project leaders. It is also suitable for people who need to lead others through influence.
- It is helpful if you already know about the basics of project management.
- Maximum of 12 participants. This way, we make sure that the seminar is highly efficient and guarantee the highest possible benefit for you.
- You will be awarded with 16 PDUs of which 14 PDUs account for Leadership Skills and 2 PDUs for Strategic & Business Skills, or a certificate of further education for IPMA.
- 2 days intensive training
- Top-class trainers
- Extensive documents
- Drinks, snacks and lunch
- Appealing rooms with enough space to practice
- Language: English