Leadership skills for Project Managers
Learn to lead without discretionary power
Leading teams without having discretionary power is a challenge to many project managers. Sometimes, team members do not collaborate voluntarily, and sometimes they are hard to motivate. How can you cope with this challenging leadership situation?
In our seminar you learn how to lead as a project manager – without any line authority. Leadership within a project doesn’t mean to master hundreds of leadership techniques, but to communicate convincingly. Leadership is not a technique, but an attitude towards team members. We show you different leadership styles and explain to you when they are appropriate to remain in charge, even in difficult situations. This way, you will retain the motivation of your project team members. You will be able to properly delegate work to others and get their full commitment.
The focus of this seminar is: Little theory, a lot of practice. Here, we integrate your daily life as a project manager. During the course we will practice concretely using your own examples. This way, we want to guarantee an easy transfer to your daily work. In addition, we will conduct peer consulting sessions for your current critical situations. You will then receive individual feedback, not only by an educated instructor, but also by your fellow participants. Benefit from this exchange of experiences with other project managers! Participants will be awarded with 16 PDUs.
How do I get power and influence as a project manager?
- Basics of leadership in projects
- Roles of a leader
- Leading without authority to issue directions
- Leading experts within the project team
- Identifying own leadership styles and personal development areas
Leadership styles and situational leadership
- Basic leadership styles
- Situational leadership: adapted to the team member and situation
- Delegating tasks successfully
- Selection and profile of team members
Motivating the team
- Motivating team members – also beyond financial incentives
- 16 Basic Desires by Steven Reiss
- Systemic motivational models
- Recognizing the limits of motivation
- Identify individual performance drivers
- Coaching for currently challenging situations out of the participants’ projects and daily life as a leader
- Feedback to the observed leadership behavior within the seminar group
- This course is designed for project managers and project leaders. It is also suitable for people who need to lead others through influence.
- It is helpful if you already know about the basics of project management.
- Maximum of 12 participants. This way, we make sure that the seminar is highly efficient and guarantee the highest possible benefit for you.
- You will be awarded with 16 PDUs of which 14 PDUs account for Leadership Skills and 2 PDUs for Strategic & Business Skills.
- 2 days intensive training
- Top-class trainers
- Extensive documents
- Drinks, snacks and lunch
- Appealing rooms with enough space to practice
- Language: English
|Company-internal seminar. We conduct this seminar for your company and close to your location. We can deliver it in English or other languages. If you have 4 or more people interested in the subject, we develop a tailored solution for you.||START A QUERY >>|