Communicating successfully in Projects
Get to know the basics of communication to convince others
Felicitous communication is an important factor for project success. But sometimes things do not turn out the way we wanted: We are not successful in convincing a colleague of our ideas. A manager does not even listen and carries on before you got to your point. Extend your communication skills.
In this seminar you get to know the basics of successful communication. By using typical project situations you learn to design communication with other stakeholders in an optimal way. We will look at communication patterns in detail and you will reflect different possibilities to better convey your own ideas and points of view.
With the help of theoretical models and many hands-on communication exercises, we will reflect your personal communication style and you will receive direct and concrete feedback by the trainer and the other participants to expand your possibilities. During the course, we will consult you in difficult project situations and you will have the possibility to prepare directly for a difficult conversation. Certified participants earn 16 PDUs for this course.
- How does communication work?
- Important rules of communication
- Why are there some cases in which communication doesn’t work?
The four aspects of a message
- Aspects in communication
- Listening with four ears
Practicing typical communication situations
- Win and motivate others
- How to convey a complicated idea in a simple way
- Convince the other
- Address conflicts
- How to be of a different opinion
Planning a communication structure in your project
- Information events
- Involving stakeholders effectively
Give and take feedback
- Rules on feedback
- Evaluation of team work
- Individual feedback to each individual
Peer consulting for concrete situations
- Exercises for difficult communication situations
- Consulting and suggestions by trainer and participants
- Project managers and experienced project team members
- Maximum of 12 participants. This way, we wish to make sure that the seminar is highly efficient and guarantee the highest possible benefit for you.
- You will be awarded with 16 PDUs of which 2 PDUs account for Technical Skills and 14 PDUs for Leadership Skills.
- 2 days intensive Training
- Top-class trainers
- Extensive documents
- Drinks, snacks and lunch
- Appealing rooms with enough space to practice
- Language: English