International Project Management
Construct effective collaboration across borders
Your project team is dotted around the globe and common working hours are almost impossible? The potentials in your team are great, but how do you consolidate the knowledge and experience of the various experts, especially when different cultures are involved?
Within the scope of this seminar, you’ll identify the linguistic and cultural differences which can lead to misunderstandings and problems in international teams. You develop alternative behavior patterns for dealing with these difficulties. Thus, you will learn how to configure leadership and communications effectively and discover which rules need to be established for teamwork in an international context.
We combine short theory inputs with numerous practical workshops. You will gain in confidence when dealing with international teams and develop tools of the trade which will support you in your work. You will receive concrete guidance to your current questions and the challenging situations with your own team. Certified participants will earn 16 PDUs.
- Which cultural differences are there between countries?
- Which dimensions are relevant to successful project work?
- Which regulations are helpful in an international team?
- How do we communicate with one another and with the project leader?
- How do we discuss differences of opinion?
- How do we say and hear “no” in different cultures?
- How do we handle proximity and distance?
- What approaches and agreements help during conflicts?
Dealing with hierarchy and management
- What denotes good leadership in an international environment?
- How do we handle differing expectations of leadership?
Developing realistic time schedules
- How do I deal with differences in the sense of time?
- How do I find a common basis for planning?
- How to develop realistic time schedules?
- Identify risks early
- Create risk awareness
Dealing with the team
- Which aspects are necessary for the team spirit?
- How can these be developed and sustained over distance?
- What rules are helpful with an international team?
- What tools help to configure the communication effectively?
- Project managers and members of multi-national teams.
- Maximum of 12 participants. This way, we wish to make sure that the seminar is highly efficient and guarantee the highest possible benefit for you.
- You will be awarded with 16 PDUs of which 4 PDUs account for Technical Skills and 12 PDUs for Leadership Skills.
- The seminar content is orientated towards multi-national teams. If you work in a team with only two nations involved (e.g.: Germany-Japan), you will certainly receive valuable inputs with us.
- 2 days intensive training
- Top-class trainers
- Extensive documents
- Drinks, snacks and lunch
- Appealing rooms with enough space to practice
- Language: English
|Company-internal seminar. We conduct this seminar for your company and close to your location. We can deliver it in English or other languages. If you have 4 or more people interested in the subject, we develop a tailored solution for you.||START A QUERY >>|