Enforcing your own claims and averting unjustified claims
During the course of the project, agreed deadlines are not met, contents are controversial or the quality does not meet the promises. With tight budgets, this quickly becomes critical for the project. How can legitimate claims for damages be enforced without offending important business partners? This is where Claim Management comes in.
In our seminar you will learn how to use consistent claim management as an effective means to ensure project success. You are familiar with the possibilities of drafting contracts and the associated legal bases. This gives you the security you need to constructively resolve deviations from the contract with your project partners.
In this seminar impulse presentations alternate with many practical exercises and role plays. You will work individually and in groups on a case study and your own projects. You will receive checklists and many practical ideas that you can transfer directly to your projects. Certified participants receive 16 PDUs or a certificate of further education for IPMA.
Fundamentals of contractual law
- Basics for forming a contract
- General terms and conditions
- Complex agreements
- Contracts for work and labor
- Service agreements
- Specification of services
- Configuring and discussing contracts
- Characteristics of a long-term, complex project contract
- Obligations to provide support and cooperation
- Contractual agreement
- Structure of contractual documents
- Legal principles of various claims
Claim Management within the framework of contract law
Fundamentals of Claims Management
- Definition of claims and claim management
- Development of claims
- Recognizing and categorizing claims
- Claim types
- Presentation of a claim
Requirements on Claims Management
- Commercial letter of confirmation
- Announcing and documenting a claim
- Procedure when processing your own claims
- Recommendations for realizing your own claims
- Internal organization
- Regulation process for claims
- Fundamental strategies
- Phase-based classification
- Conclusions for contractual configuration and contractual negotiations
- Conflict arbitration
Claims management and soft facts
- Claims management without risks to the customer relationship
- Claims management and customer-orientation
- Project managers, sub-project leaders, product managers and experienced project team members.
- Maximum of 12 participants. This way, we wish to make sure that the seminar is highly efficient and guarantee the highest possible benefit for you.
- You will be awarded with 16 PDUs of which 8 PDUs account for Technical Skills and 8 PDUs for Strategic & Business Skills.
- 2 days intensive Training
- Top-class trainers
- Extensive documents
- Drinks, snacks and lunch
- Appealing rooms with enough space to practice
- Language: English