PRINCE2® Foundation and Practitioner Preparation
Get to know how PRINCE2® is used in practice.
Would you like your project leaders to know a best practice method for their projects and apply it in practice? Or would you like a recognized certification of your knowledge and your abilities as project leader or project manager? For you, it is necessary to pass the examination within a short period of time at the first attempt? PRINCE2® is a very successful method of project management, which is gaining more and more supporters worldwide and is used in a variety of projects. PRINCE2® is consistently results- and benefit-oriented and offers specific guidance for each project phase. Each delegating level obtains the individually relevant information so that projects can be executed holistically and successfully.
With PRINCE2®, you will learn a best practice project management method. This approach creates a controlled environment which enables the management to draw up projects consciously and delegate responsibilities and authorities clearly. The qualification consists of two steps – the foundation training and the practitioner training. The participants will complete both steps by absolving an examination. This foundation course creates an understanding of the PRINCE2® method and prepares the project manager for the PRINCE2® Foundation Examination perfectly. In the PRINCE2®Practitioner seminar will be refreshed and deepened using current case studies. Practical scenarios will help you to prepare for applying PRINCE2® in your own projects and control the management phases effectively.
Using their intensive practical expertise, our trainers will help you to transfer the knowledge from the seminar directly to your everyday work. The communication of the necessary theory alternates with many practical exercises. You will deepen your PRINCE2® knowledge in many practice-oriented workshops and prepare yourself optimally for the certification. Between the seminar and the examination, you will have approximately 2-3 weeks to deepen the last themes individually and to practice.
PRINCE2® Foundation Preparation
Overview and Introduction
- The results-oriented approach of PRINCE2®
- Overview of PRINCE2® and the PRINCE2® principles
- Differences from other project management standards
The controlled start of a project
- Clear formulation of benefits and targets
- Business Case: Display and secure the economical efficiency
- Creation of a perfect project organization with clear tasks and competences
- Planning focused on benefits and results
- Managing risks and quality from the beginning
The control instruments of PRINCE2®
- Pragmatic application of documents
- Reporting through all levels
- Managing escalations successfully
- Effective and efficient configuration management
- Closing projects in a controlled manner
- Project success and project revision: „Lessons learned“
PRINCE2® Foundation Exam
- Working on a sample exam
- Clarification of open questions
- One-hour PRINCE2® Foundation Examination
- Correction and announcement of the results
PRINCE2® Practitioner Preparation
Deepening of the PRINCE2® methods
- Refreshing the PRINCE2® knowledge learned in the foundation course
- Dealing with the PRINCE2® tools
- Resolving problems and examples
- Creation of PRINCE2® relevant documents (e.g. product structure plans and business cases)
- Application of PRINCE2® techniques for risk analysis, impact analysis etc.
- Utilization of PRINCE2® components for the organization, planning, monitoring and controlling of the project phases
Preparation for the PRINCE2® Practitioner Exam
- Training by solving test exams
- Evaluation and discussion of the results
- Explanation of the exam guideline
- Structure and composition of the exam
- Presentation of the evaluation scheme
PRINCE2® Practitioner Exam
- Takes place approx. 2-3 weeks after the seminar
- Exam duration of 2,5 hours
- Correction and publication of the results
- PRINCE2® Foundation Training: 3 days
- PRINCE2® Practitioner Training: 2 days
- The seminar is designed for project managers, subproject managers and project leaders.
- The participants should be familiar with the basic methods of project management, as for example delivered in our seminar “Project Management Fundamentals”.
- Maximum of 12 participants. This way, we wish to make sure that the seminar is highly efficient and guarantee the highest possible benefit for you.
- In addition to the Foundation seminar fees, there will be fees for examination of the APMG of 165,- Euro (plus tax).
- In addition to the Practitioner seminar fees, there will be fees for examination of the APMG of 285,- Euro (plus tax).
- We conduct our PRINCE2® seminars as affiliate of QRP Management Methods International GmbH. The QRP Management Methods International GmbH is recognized as Accredited Trainings Organisation (ATO) by the APMG and empowered to conduct trainings in PRINCE2® und to examine in accordance to the guideline of APMG.
- intensive training
- Top-class trainers
- Extensive documents
- The official PRINCE2® handbook
- Further PRINCE2® tools
- A case study with exercises
- Information and tips for the examination
- Examples of tests
- Language: English
- Drinks, snacks and lunch