Comprehensive Project Controlling
Project management and project controlling with heart, mind and fun
To many project leaders, project controlling sounds pretty dry and complicated – that does not have to be like this. Applied in an effective way, project controlling generates motivation and dynamics throughout the company and projects. Projects are set up in a targeted way, integrated into the overall portfolio or program and finally executed and closed more successfully. Learn how it is done!
In this seminar you learn about professional and proven methods of project controlling which will enable you to set up benefit-oriented projects, monitor and control them constantly and guide them towards success while observing cost, quality and time. The methods can be used for programs and portfolios, as well as for larger projects. Furthermore, you will learn how to establish the methods in your area of responsibility and how to motivate your team to collaborate.
We work in a very concrete and application-oriented way on your situations and projects, as well as on selected examples. All theoretical inputs and the presented methods are put into action in workshops in order to generate a unique experience for the participants. In addition, the implementation and adaption of these methods to your company is discussed and questions are answered. By this we ensure that you can apply what you have learned in your projects. This course is based on the internationally accepted standards of the Project Management Institute (PMI)®.
Deriving projects from the corporate strategy
- How is the company strategy related to the project selection?
- How can meaningful project themes be derived from the strategy?
- Which roles and responsibilities matter for project selection?
- How can I rise the probability for my project ideas actually being implemented?
- What are the methods of project selection?
- Which method of selection makes sense in my company context?
- What comprises a project portfolio?
- How can I spot the prospects of success for my project?
- How can I prepare the project proposal well for the decision?
- How can I improve the estimation of budget and project duration?
- How do mathematical models support my estimations?
The Business Case
- How can I recognize today if my project will contribute to the corporate profit in the future?
- How can I compare the costs of the different projects efficiently?
- How long does it take me to reach the profit zone?
Controlling orientated project planning
- What do I need to communicate with the company’s controllers on an eye level?
- Where are the project costs in business accounting?
- How do I have to plan my work packages to get enough information for the project controlling?
- How can I calculate buffers in projects and how can I use them for controlling?
- Which milestones make sense?
Methods of project monitoring
- How is a milestone analysis conducted?
- What is the meaning of “Earned Value”?
- Which specific figures are used for the progress analysis in projects?
- How can I estimate the expected total costs?
Measure of project success
- How can I conduct the project audits?
- What counts besides time, costs and results?
- How can I safe my knowledge for future projects?
Motivation and psychological effects
- How do we introduce an improved project controlling?
- How do I motivate others to actively support?
- What are typical stumbling blocks and how can I avoid them?
- How do we communicate the measures and gained successes?
- Project managers, program managers, portfolio managers and team members which have knowledge of the basic methods and techniques of project management.
- Maximum of 12 participants. This way, we want to make sure that the seminar is highly efficient and guarantee the highest possible benefit for you.
- You will be awarded with 16 PDUs of which 8 PDUs account for Technical Skills and 8 PDUs for Strategic & Business Skills.
- 2 days intensive training
- Top-class trainers
- Extensive documents
- Drinks, snacks and lunch
- Appealing rooms with enough space to practice
- Language: English
|Company-internal seminar. We conduct this seminar for your company and close to your location. We can deliver it in English or other languages. If you have 4 or more people interested in the subject, we develop a tailored solution for you.||START A QUERY >>|