Advanced Project Management Methods
Expand your methodical repertoire for planning and controlling complex projects
You know the basic project management methods and apply them. However, these methods are not always sufficient in your projects and you are looking for extensions and additions.
In this seminar you will learn new methods and refine existing methods of project management. This enables you to professionally plan and control even large and complex projects or programs. We present the methods in detail and practice the applications on the basis of case studies and your project situations.
This seminar is very practice-oriented. The methods shown have all proven themselves in countless projects. We work with illustrative case studies and also quite concretely on your elements from your projects. Theory inputs alternate with intensive workshops and discussions. In this way, you can immediately implement the methods treated in your own practice. This seminar is based on the internationally recognized standards of the Project Management Institute (PMI®).
The PMBOK-Guide as standard of project management
- What is part of professional project management?
- PM Knowledge Areas and Process Groups
Project integration management
- Set up, plan, control and close projects
- Ensure consistency on changes
Project cost management
- Short Recap of the Methods
- Resource management, cost-benefit analyses and return calculations
Multi-project management and programme management
- Planning Resources in Programs
- Possible Organizational Structures in Multi-PM
- Methods for risk identification
- Qualitative and quantitative risk assessment
- Risk decision trees to weigh up different alternatives
Project Scope Management
- Project Charter and Project Scope Statement
- Various Breakdown Structures
- Stakeholder analysis to clarify expectations
Project Time Management
- Short Recap of the Methods
- Network Planning Technique: Planning with Different Buffers
Monitoring and controlling projects
- Earned Value Management
- Various formats to present the current situation, project progress, changes and trends in the project
- Change Management Variants in Projects
- Verify dependencies and ensure plan integrity
Processes and tools
- How do I find suitable PM tools?
- How do I disseminate them throughout the organization?
- How can I use Lessons Learned sensibly?
- The seminar is directed at experienced project managers. You should know the basic project management methods, as they are taught, for example, in a PM basic seminar.
- Maximum of 12 participants. This way, we want to make sure that the seminar is highly efficient and guarantee the highest possible benefit for you.
- 2 days intensive training
- Top-class trainers
- Extensive documents
- Drinks, snacks and lunch
- Appealing rooms with enough space to practice
- Language: English